Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Lemon frosting

Lemon frosting

How to Make Lemon Buttercream Frosting


  • 1 cup of salted butter
  • 4 cups of icing sugar
  • 2 tablespoons lemon zest
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons cream
  1. Whip your butter with the paddle attachment if you have one, or just a general beater with your mixer.
  2. Add in your icing sugar, one cup at a time, beating continuously. Now 2 tablespoons lemon zest worked wonderfully for me. Zested peel should not be done on a regular grater, by the way, you need a smaller size, a zester grater, in fact. The size is perfect without being overwhelming chunks in your cooking.
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
The 3 tablespoons of lemon juice was just perfect for my tastes, zingy and zippy with a sweet background of pure sugar and butter. I then added the 2 teaspoons of cream to thin it out.
And THEN….then, I put it on my lemon blueberry coffee cake, (recipe coming in the next couple of days) took half to my work, where the ladies promptly raved over the icing and demolished it all, and half went to my son’s school for the teacher’s lunchroom.
Happy baking everyone!
Make sure that you also get my recipe for vanilla Buttercream Frosting, or if you are looking for something zippier my Cream Cheese Icing is also amazing on red velvet, chocolate cake, you name it!

No comments:

Post a Comment