- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound lean hamburger (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped eco-friendly pepper
- 1 cup undrained canned diced tomato plants
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic clove powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 large egg-whites, gently beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Mozzarella dairy product
- 1 cup fat-free cottage type cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare spaghetti based on package directions for al dente drain.
- Inside a large skillet, prepare beef, onion and eco-friendly pepper over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until beef is not pink, splitting up beef into crumbles drain. Stir in tomato plants, tomato paste, seasonings and sugar.
- Inside a large bowl, whisk egg-whites, melted butter and Mozzarella dairy product until blended. Add spaghetti and toss to coat. Press spaghetti mixture onto bottom or more sides of the 9-in. deep-dish cake plate coated with cooking spray, developing a crust. Spread cottage type cheese onto bottom top with beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, twenty minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-ten minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
I have been making causeing this to be for more than 3 decades. I personally use the preseasoned tomato plants and paste. I additionally then add garlic clove, tulsi and parsley to my egg mixture. Yumm!
After we got accustomed to the concept that the spaghetti was the crust about this 'pie', our 4-H club warmed to the thought of this dish. It had been extremely popular! Substituting fire-roasted diced tomato plants for that regular ones adds a little bit of spice.
I have chose to make this recipe many occasions and everybody loves it. I change hamburger to Italian sausage and employ a 14 oz. can of petite diced tomato plants rather of 1 cup. Personally i think it provides a much better flavor and texture.
We Like this recipe. It's similar to a spaghetti lasagna. One change I made: since others pointed out it lacked enough spice, I purchased tomato paste and diced tomato plants using the spices inside them. I still put in what it really known as for too. It'd the right quantity of flavor. I additionally put just as much mozzarella on the top which i wanted (did not measure, just put it on the website). Been with them within the oven for 17 minutes then 6. The next time I believe I would let it rest set for 18 or 19 to obtain the spaghetti part just a little more firm. Also, I needed to use a kind of round pyrex bowl factor. Basically had attempted to place it within my 9.5" cake dish, it might have overflowed. Therefore if you are going to utilize a cake dish, make certain it is a DEEP dish. I'll be causeing this to be several more occasions.
My loved ones loves it! I made use of 1/2 pound of beef and added hot peppers more for flavor to match my family's tastebuds.
I made use of gluten-free rotini because which was all I'd within the kitchen. Tasty!
This can be a family hit. I personally use Italian chopped tomato plants with no eco-friendly pepper.
We actually loved this recipe. Used to do change it out a little by utilizing my recipe for that meat sauce. It arrived on the scene very watery, so unsure basically my meat sauce was too thin for this kind of recipe, therefore the noodles did not really bake right into a crust. Will certainly get it again!
Amazing and tastes so great! Even though you could easily substitute Prego or any other spaghetti sauce inside a pinch when time is brief. I've picky eaters so I needed to take away the onion and eco-friendly peppers on their behalf, however i make one for that adults using the onion and peppers. Yummy!