Thursday, September 12, 2019

Tres leches cake

<
Tres leches cake

Directions

Best recipe and easy.
 I made a three layer tres Leches cake with this recipe, only thing different was I separated the egg yolks and egg white to stiffen the cake so that I can stack it. Love it? ?
This is generally a complicated cake to make. I will use this recipe going forward. My friends love it so much that they keep asking me to make it for their events. Using real whipping cream does not add that much more time to making the cake- cool whip is just artificial weight- don’t short cut and lose the luscious light flavor. I always serve it with fresh berries on top- I pint of fresh raspberries mixed with a teaspoon of sugar is everyone’s favorite!

My mother made this cake every Easter when we were children. When we got older we carried on the tradition. Great cake that kids will love to eat and decorate.
used this for a spanish project, came out kinda janky, it broke when we took it out of the oven but the topping fixed it! tastes great though 8/10. might have failed the project though. (SAD! )
Wow! This turned out so great! I followed the recipe exactly! I decided to not go with my gut and used all of I and it glad I did, although when I was pouring in the topping I was about half way through and noticed like it might be too much. I grew up with tres leches cake and I know it is supposed to be very wet, which is what I love so much about them! I covered it and put it in the fridge over night. Then in the morning was when I made the whipped cream. At first I was using a whisk and it was taking too long so I switched to a hand mixer and after a few minutes I was going to give up because it wasn’t turning into whipped cream. I kept going and eventually got the consistency I wanted. Before then, obviously I had never made whip cream. I also used ground cinnamon as a garnish. Finally, thank you for creating this and allowing me to have a piece of my childhood that I got to share with people I love.

Yummy! I made this cake exactly as the recipe called for and it was absolutely delicious. I did sprinkle a little cocoa powder over the top for garnish. We loved it with sliced fresh strawberries. I will definitely be making this one again and again!
This is so delicious. Turned out just like the stuff I get in restaurants. I will make this again and again. I did cheat and use cool whip on the top. I might try it with a chocolate cake also!
Made this cake exactly as the recipe called for. I found that the amount of milk toppings was too way too much and it made the cake “soupy”. The flavor of the cake nearest the whipped topping was very good, and I would try this again but adjust the milk topping amount. I only gave this 3 stars but will re-make it and re-evaluate it again. Based on most reviews, I think I’ll try cool whip also.
I have been making a moderately complicated version of this cake for years, and now enjoy this much simpler recipe. Rather than use heavy cream for the sauce, try using Media Crema found in the hispanic section of the grocery store. I have recently learned a newer version of this very traditional cake. Add 6-8 ounces of sour cream to the batter and bake until done. Then make a thin cream cheese frosting with the juice of 1-2 limes, to taste, and spread or pour over cake. Decorate with fruit of your choice and refrigerate. This is always better the next day and is best served cold. I know that Cool Whip is easy to use, but is really doesn't do justice to this cake.

Absolutely delicious! I used Cool Whip instead of whipping heavy cream for the "icing", because I was making the cake the day before I was serving it. Everyone loved it. Definitely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment